Our first episode features Ashley Hicks, Founder of Black Girls Run!. After gaining a few extra pounds post-college, Ashley decided it was time to get back in shape so she started running. After enlisting her friend, and soon to be business partner, Toni to run with her, they quickly noticed that they didn’t often see other Black women running. They decided to chronicle their experience by launching a blog called Black Girls Run!. Soon what began as a hobby morphed in to a business with over 60 national running groups and a full athletic merchandise line. Watch as Ashley describes what it’s like to luck in to business ownership by pursuing her passion for health. To learn more about Black Girls Run! visit http://www.blackgirlsrun.com/.
- Mali Music's 'Beautiful' Single Restores Our Faith In Music
- Recipes For Cheap Eats For Your Summer Travel
- Power Players: Black Women Who Are Running Hollywood
- Summer Reading List: 50 Books Every Black Teen Should Read
- Pete Rock & DJ Scratch Talk Most Sampled James Brown Songs
- 23 Life Hacks That You'll Never Want To Live Without