Our first episode features Ashley Hicks, Founder of Black Girls Run!. After gaining a few extra pounds post-college, Ashley decided it was time to get back in shape so she started running. After enlisting her friend, and soon to be business partner, Toni to run with her, they quickly noticed that they didn’t often see other Black women running. They decided to chronicle their experience by launching a blog called Black Girls Run!. Soon what began as a hobby morphed in to a business with over 60 national running groups and a full athletic merchandise line. Watch as Ashley describes what it’s like to luck in to business ownership by pursuing her passion for health. To learn more about Black Girls Run! visit http://www.blackgirlsrun.com/.
- 5 Adorable Daddy/Daughter Moments That Will Tug At Your Heart Strings [VIDEO]
- Michael Brown Was Killed By Police And Some Media Outlets Are Already Framing Him For His Own Death [OPINION]
- Social Media Movement: '#IfTheyGunnedMeDown What Picture Would They Use'
- Comedic Genius: Robin Williams' Best Impressions Ever
- What Tika Sumpter Loved Most About Acting Alongside Chadwick Boseman In 'Get On Up'
- FAB FINDS: 25 Full Skirts For When You Want To Dress Like A Lady
- 3 Secrets To Creating The Perfect Top Knot [VIDEO]
- Summer Reading List: 50 Books Every Black Teen Should Read