Being the parent of a celebrity puts you in the spotlight almost as much as your offspring. Some parents use their shine for good, others for…well idiocy. Rihanna’s dad, Ronald Fenty, interviewed with Heat magazine and basically let it all hang out. Now I see why Rihanna hadn’t spoken to her father in two years–he can be a bit of an unapologetic jerk. They recently reconnected in 2010 and Ronald explained, “Maybe we’re not as close as we were when she was growing up here … But we are blood, we do not stay angry.”
Trending right now
- AM BUZZ: Kanye Catches Heat For Saying He And Taylor Swift "Might Have Sex;" Tamar's Twerking Skills & More...
- INSTADAILY: 25 Killer Pics From Yeezy's Season 3 Fashion Show
- Omari Hardwick: 'Denzel Washington Saved Me When I Was Homeless'
- Every Photo Of Beyonce's Super Bowl Performance You'd Want To See
- AM BUZZ: Throwback To Beyoncé's Tribute To Black Men In Mini-Doc; Kanye's Final Album Name & More...
- FRIENDSHIP GOALS: Beyoncé & Mariah Carey Came Together For A Great Cause
Trending right now
- MO' MONEY, MO' PROBLEMS: Lottery Winner Sued By Pastor For $10M Over "Emotional Distress"
- 30 Black Female Leaders You Should Know About
- #BlackGirlMagic: Hillary Clinton Hires Denise Horn As Her Director Of Black Media
- BEAUTIFUL NEWS: Homeless Man In Lottery Prank Receives A Huge Gift & We're Bubble-Snot Crying! [VIDEO]
- Write For UsI’d be angry if my dad gave me bad advice like this:1. Fit or Fat
“I actually thought she was a little fat the last time I saw her,” Ronald said. One thing that can be said about Rihanna with 100% confidence and truth is that she is not fat, nor has she ever been since her catapult into the spotlight. Ronald says he’s not shy about critiquing his daughter’s body.2. Learning From Mistakes
The fact that this man would let someone beat on his daughter and then have no qualms about her getting back together with him is just…sad. ”Chris is a nice guy and everybody’s entitled to make mistakes in their life. God knows how many I’ve made,” Mr. Fenty commented.3. On Her Own
“She’s her own woman now,” Ronald says. If he’s been paying attention to the media lately, he’d notice that his baby girl is turning into a pot-smoking, racist joke throwing homewrecker with an attitude. Not a good look. I mean, even Jay-Z’s over it. Mr. Fenty needs to step in and guide his lost child instead of calling her fat and giving his blessing for Rihanna to reunite with Chris.Rihanna’s dad is out of line. What do you think of his comments? Let’s discuss on Twitter @Rhapsodani.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOUCloseSign Up For the HB NewsletterThank you for subscribing! Please be sure to open and click your first newsletter so we can confirm your subscription.