You’ve stored the leftover turkey, enjoyed the parade, and watched a couple football games. If you plan on relaxing in your pajamas the day after Thanksgiving, you’re missing out on the official start of the holiday shopping season. That’s right, it’s time to get serious and come up with a plan to get ready for Black Friday.
What is Black Friday, you ask? Only the most popular shopping day of the year! While it’s known for its major sales and late hours, Black Friday is also one of the most hectic days of the year, as shoppers across the nation literally trample each other to get their hands on the most popular items of the year.
If you’re planning on saving big bucks but aren’t ready for the crowds and commotion, here are some tips to get you through this marathon day of shopping:
Make A List – If you write down exactly what you plan on getting for friends and family, you’ll save yourself time and money by not buying things you’ll end up returning later.
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes – This translates into sweatpants or jeans and sneakers. This is not the day to be cute! You’ll be grateful after the third or fourth hour of shopping.
Travel Light -Ladies, I know we love our big bags, but this day requires all hands on deck! Leave the big bags at home.
Check out the deals online – Most retailers have already placed their products and deals online.
Stores are planning on opening earlier the Friday after Thanksgiving this year and many stores have decided to open at midnight on Friday morning. With Walmart’s announcement about Black Friday shopping starting on Thursday evening, now the big question is do we call it Black Thursday? Turkey Thursday? The Thursday Trot? One thing is certain, Black Friday shoppers will skip the late night seconds so they can take advantage of the special event deals. A recent survey by Harris Interactive found that this year more than one-third (35 percent) of U.S. adults plan to shop in stores or online this Black Friday. The survey also found that:
• 82 percent of U.S. adults are motivated to brave the crowds on Black Friday to get the best deals possible
• Nearly three-in-ten (28 percent) plan to spend $500 or more and 40 percent of U.S. adults plan to spend between $200 and $499.
• To take advantage of the savings, shoppers are plotting out their plans of attack. More than half said they plan to research ahead of time to see if there are better deals in-store or online. Walmart is helping shoppers plan their in-store shopping strategy by making available store-specific maps on Facebook. To access the map, shoppers simply need to find their favorite store by clicking on the “My Local Walmart” application on Walmart’s Facebook page. Walmart’s Black Friday events will be held at the following times:
• 10 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 24) – Top Toys, Home and Apparel
• Midnight on Black Friday (Nov. 25) – Electronics! Electronics! Electronics!
• 8 a.m. Nov. 25 through the weekend – Gifts for the entire family electronics and more.
The best Black Friday deal of them all comes from a company that truly sucks and NEVER discounts – Dyson! From Black Friday through Cyber Monday a SLEW of their machines are discounted up to $170 off. Here are a few of my favorite machines at GREAT discounts – and shipping is FREE if you order at dyson.com
Dyson’s vacuum technology has changed the way people think about vacuums- and two of the newest and most powerful machines are deeply discounted.
For fans of Dyson’s ball machines, the newest vacuum- the D41 animal, is discounted from 599.99 to 549.00. t generates the strongest suction power at the cleaner head, to powerfully remove dust, dirt and pet hair from the home.
Perfect for these cold winter months, Dyson Hot is one of the newest from Dyson. It’s a fan and a heater that heats the room faster than ANY other. They are 25% off this Black Friday season- normally $399.00, you can get any color for $299.00.
ALL of the Air Multipliers AM03 Air Multiplier Pedestal Silver normally sells for $449 and from Black Friday- Monday will be $349- that is $100 off! Air Multiplier is a beautiful, powerful fan that creates smooth airflow without fast-spinning blades.
Here are some links to make your shopping easier: