In his last two New York Times bestselling books, T.D. Jakes gave his readers the tools they would need to achieve a life they only dreamed about. Now best-selling author, educator, entrepreneur, philanthropist, and one of America’s most influential spiritual advisors, returns to help readers master the challenge of maintaining that life without limits. Drawing out the most essential bits of advice from his two bestselling books, Reposition Yourself and Making Great Decisions, Jakes provides a ready reference to help readers stay the course in managing careers, relationships, families, finances, and spiritual well-being.
Unique and accessible, 64 Lessons for a Life Without Limits contains life’s most important lessons at reader’s fingertips. Blending scripture and personal insight, the lessons here are spiritual and practical, each focusing on simple but transformative concepts such as:
- Joyful living is understanding what you do well and knowing where you can use some help.
- A bad day is not a failure and it’s not forever. It’s just a bad day. Get back on track and don’t give up. Tomorrow is a new day.
- Instead of clinging to past successes as if you will never go any higher, ask yourself if your heart is still in what has led you to success. If the answer is no, then it’s time to refocus.
- No one makes it alone. You need the support and encouragement from the people who know you and love you.
- Being responsible with your money is not only a way to set your own foundation, but also to leave a legacy for generations of your family to come.
- Good credit is the foundation for establishing future buying power.
- The secret to a strong marriage is continuing to find ways to improve yourself and sharing that with your partner.
Divided into eight sections, each containing eight lessons, 64 Lessons for a Life Without Limits is the inspirational tool that will help readers continue to make the right decisions, or reposition themselves when they have fallen off their course to success.
“I want you to embrace the you you have worked so hard to become, to enjoy the life that your work has yielded. This book celebrates and affirms what you have absorbed and put into practice and helps you continue onward. Should you ever feel yourself slipping or be painfully reminded of the person you used to be, remember that you did reposition yourself, that you did make good decisions and did follow a plan, and you indeed have a life without limits. Now stand firm.” – T.D. Jakes in 64 Lessons for a Life without Limits
T.D. Jakes is the CEO of TDJ Enterprises, LLP; founder and senior pastor of The Potter’s House of Dallas, Inc., and the New York Times bestselling author of Making Great Decisions (previously titled Before You Do) and Reposition Yourself: Living Life Without Limits. He has won and been nominated for numerous awards, including Essence magazine’s President’s Award in 2007 for Reposition Yourself, A Grammy in 2004, and NAACP Image awards. He has been the host of national radio and television broadcasts, and is regularly featured on the highly rated Dr. Phil show. He lives in Dallas with his wife and five children.