How do you know if a babysitter you’re considering will actually work out? Babysitter and child. It’s all about asking the right questions at the interview.
We cherish the time we have with our children, but we also need child-free time. When grandmas, aunts and neighbors aren’t available, it’s time to hire a babysitter. How do you know when you’ve found the one for you and your kids?
These days, you can’t be too careful, and it starts with asking the right questions at the interview! Begin with this list and add other questions specific to your requirements about discipline, routines, food choices, etc.
1. How old are you, and what babysitting experience do you have?
2. Are your immunizations current?
3. Have you taken any babysitting preparation courses that include CPR, basic first aid and how to care for a choking child?
4. Is there an adult or family member nearby whom you could contact in the event of an emergency if I’m not available? (If you are considering a teenager or someone who doesn’t drive.)
5. What would you consider an emergency?