For most families, the kitchen is the busiest area of the house. The kitchen is often the hub where life happens, like meal preparation and cooking, washing dishes, cleaning appliances, doing homework, reading mail, unloading groceries, entertaining friends, feeding pets and many other similar activities. No wonder the kitchen can be the most clutter-prone room of all. How to control the mess?
Here are some helpful tips:
1) Decide what tasks can be done in the kitchen. Trying to do too many things (other than food prep and cooking) in a kitchen with limited space leads to the inevitable clutter. Tending to pets and plants, doing homework and school projects and performing other housekeeping tasks do not have to be done in the kitchen.
2) Define the workspace. Designate specific areas in the kitchen for the tasks you do there. Define counter space for food preparation and keep that area clear of appliances and utensils. When you’re contemplating acquiring a new kitchen appliance or gadget, remember that you can’t put it on that designated area for food preparation. Control clutter by enforcing what you can call “area restrictions.”
3) Create storage solutions. Clutter happens when things are not in their proper places. Cabinets, drawers, baskets, bins, jars, caddies and assorted containers help control clutter by bringing together and organizing similar or related items. Further organize tools and utensils by creating dividers and small containers inside large cabinets and drawers.
4) Schedule kitchen cleanup time. Include a chunk of time in your daily routine to take care of the kitchen cleanup. Put away the clean dishes and utensils; return the boxes of cereal to their proper places; tidy up the condiments and spice rack; park the small appliances in their designated areas and wipe up the counters and stovetops.
5) Don’t let clutter come into the kitchen. Use recyclable shopping bags instead of paper and plastic, which only add to kitchen clutter. Before buying another kitchen gadget or utensil, ask yourself if you really need it and do you have the space for it?
Take a look at the hottest celebs pics on the net!
Also On HelloBeautiful:
Celebs Tweet Their Thoughts About #JusticeForSandraBland
1. Jesse Williams
#SandraBland's treatment while attempting to travel freely on HER public roadways has been acknowledged as unlawful. She is already dead.
2. Taraji P. Henson
"SAY HER NAME #SandraBland"
3. Ava DuVernay
"'Why are you arresting me?' Because you know your rights. Because I can. Because no one'll believe you. #SandraBland"
4. Kim Kardashian
#WhatHappenedToSandraBland We need answers!!!! This is NOT ok! This is all shady! They need to own up to this & tell the truth!
5. Jussie Smollet
"A loss 4 words. #SandraBlandMatters #BlackLivesMatter 👈🏿tell me this should change once the nation shows that we do. "
6. Snoop Dogg
🙏🌹. Sandra. Rip. 🌹🌹
7. K. Michelle
R.I.P to this queen. This could've been any of us. My prayers go out to her family. #sandrabland https://instagram.com/p/5fvlO_AhCf/
8. Gabrielle Union
SAY HER NAME!!! #SandraBland #SandraBland #SandraBland #SayHerName
"We must get to the cause of #sandrabland death because this CANNOT happen again #deathorfreedom"
10. David Banner
"When will we fight back. A man's duty on earth is to protect women and children. Where are the gangsters? Preachers? We need you. Please."
11. Nicki Minaj
"Rest In Peace #SandraBland"
12. Talib Kweli
"We the people ask @LorettaLynch to investigate #SandraBland #KimberleeRandleKing RETWEET "
Signs. Signs. Signs all around us. The Message is Here. #SandraBland
14. Missy Elliot
"When I look at the #SandraBland traffic video it brings so many emotions😳😢😡😡😤!"
15. Jessie J
"God bless your soul Sandra | #sandrabland | Change needs to come |Justice needs to be served | Heart… https://instagram.com/p/5fV79mQ0aw/ "
16. Jackee Harry
"It's time y'all, it's time.." #SandraBland #BlackLivesMatter
"In memory of #SandraBland these things don't make no kinda sense "
18. Holly Robinson Peete
I really don't look forward to having ANOTHER difficult conversation w my kids tonight...but here we go again😧💔 #SandraBland #SayHerName 😢
19. Jeffrey White
Sadly, doesn't matter by whose hand she died. Unjustified arrested set the outcome in motion. The state murdered her. #JusticeForSandraBland
Sandra could have been your mother, sister, aunt, friend or if she wasn't killed the community outreach advisor A&M. #SandraBland
21. Joan Smalls
"My heart is broken. Sending my deepest condolence to her family and friends. May you find Strength, Peace and Justice. When will this stop? #EqualityForAll #RIP #Why #SayHerName
22. Gladys Knight
Sandra Bland.... #SayHerName #SandraBland
23. Cara Delevigne
Things need to change NOW #SANDRABLAND #Justice #Equality
24. Meek Mill
"Rip to that young lady that lost her life about a traffic stop! 🙏 ima make sure I pray for her and her family! 🙏😄😄😄"