This classic breakfast eggs recipe will have you eating like a queen for very little money! This eggs benedict recipe from sheknows.com is super simple to follow and is great for Sunday brunch!
Classic Eggs Benedict
Makes 4 servings
- 4 egg yolks
- 3-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 8 strips Canadian-style bacon
- 4 English muffins, split
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
1. Over a double boiler, whisk egg yolks, lemon juice, pepper, Worcestershire and 1 tablespoon water. Whisk in melted butter and continue whisking until mixture is combined and begins to thicken. Stir in salt. Take pan off of heat and reserve hollandaise in a warm place.
2. Meanwhile, fill a deep skillet with about 3 inches of water. Bring water to a low boil and add vinegar. Break eggs one at a time into water. It may be easier to break eggs into a bowl and pour them into the water. Poach eggs 2 to 3 minutes, until white has solidified and yolk is still runny. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and place on a plate.
3. While eggs are poaching, brown ham in a buttered skillet and toast English muffins. To assemble, spread butter on muffins and top with ham, then eggs, then drizzle with hollandaise.
Variations on Eggs Benedict
Be creative with the traditional Eggs Benedict and you may just like your rendition better than the restaurant recipe. Here are some tasty twists.
* Substitute classic Canadian bacon with a few slices of thinly sliced Italian prosciutto.
* Add spinach (or creamed spinach) to the mix or substitute it for the ham.
* Use American style strips of crispy bacon instead of ham.
* Instead of English muffins use toasted corncakes.
* Mini pita breads or simple toast make a good base instead of English muffins.
* If you want a super quick cheesy sauce instead of making hollandaise, melt American cheese over the poached eggs underneath a broiler.
* Substitute crab cakes in the Maryland style for the ham and add horseradish to the sauce.
* Add sautéed mushrooms in place of ham and drizzle a creamy mushroom sauce over the eggs.
* Make Norwegian style benedict with smoked salmon, dill and a cream cheese sauce.
* Substitute asparagus for ham for a vegetarian-style Benedict.
* Marinated artichoke hearts or sliced tomatoes also make a great substitution for ham.
* Sausage patties and sausage gravy are a good variation on ham and hollandaise – be sure to use a country style biscuit instead of an English muffin.
* Scallops, lobster or shrimp add a delicious flavor in place of ham.
* Fried eggs can be used in place of poached eggs.
* Corned beef, scrapple or hash browns can be exchanged for ham.
* California style replaces the ham and hollandaise with avocado and salsa. Use a bagel instead of the English muffin.
* Béchamel sauce can be substituted for hollandaise.
* Chorizo and peppers make a benedict with Spanish flair.
* For a very luxurious take on Eggs Benedict, substitute foie gras for ham and top with caviar or add truffles to the sauce.
Also On HelloBeautiful:
Celebs Tweet Their Thoughts About #JusticeForSandraBland
1. Jesse Williams
#SandraBland's treatment while attempting to travel freely on HER public roadways has been acknowledged as unlawful. She is already dead.
2. Taraji P. Henson
"SAY HER NAME #SandraBland"
3. Ava DuVernay
"'Why are you arresting me?' Because you know your rights. Because I can. Because no one'll believe you. #SandraBland"
4. Kim Kardashian
#WhatHappenedToSandraBland We need answers!!!! This is NOT ok! This is all shady! They need to own up to this & tell the truth!
5. Jussie Smollet
"A loss 4 words. #SandraBlandMatters #BlackLivesMatter 👈🏿tell me this should change once the nation shows that we do. "
6. Snoop Dogg
🙏🌹. Sandra. Rip. 🌹🌹
7. K. Michelle
R.I.P to this queen. This could've been any of us. My prayers go out to her family. #sandrabland https://instagram.com/p/5fvlO_AhCf/
8. Gabrielle Union
SAY HER NAME!!! #SandraBland #SandraBland #SandraBland #SayHerName
"We must get to the cause of #sandrabland death because this CANNOT happen again #deathorfreedom"
10. David Banner
"When will we fight back. A man's duty on earth is to protect women and children. Where are the gangsters? Preachers? We need you. Please."
11. Nicki Minaj
"Rest In Peace #SandraBland"
12. Talib Kweli
"We the people ask @LorettaLynch to investigate #SandraBland #KimberleeRandleKing RETWEET "
Signs. Signs. Signs all around us. The Message is Here. #SandraBland
14. Missy Elliot
"When I look at the #SandraBland traffic video it brings so many emotions😳😢😡😡😤!"
15. Jessie J
"God bless your soul Sandra | #sandrabland | Change needs to come |Justice needs to be served | Heart… https://instagram.com/p/5fV79mQ0aw/ "
16. Jackee Harry
"It's time y'all, it's time.." #SandraBland #BlackLivesMatter
"In memory of #SandraBland these things don't make no kinda sense "
18. Holly Robinson Peete
I really don't look forward to having ANOTHER difficult conversation w my kids tonight...but here we go again😧💔 #SandraBland #SayHerName 😢
19. Jeffrey White
Sadly, doesn't matter by whose hand she died. Unjustified arrested set the outcome in motion. The state murdered her. #JusticeForSandraBland
Sandra could have been your mother, sister, aunt, friend or if she wasn't killed the community outreach advisor A&M. #SandraBland
21. Joan Smalls
"My heart is broken. Sending my deepest condolence to her family and friends. May you find Strength, Peace and Justice. When will this stop? #EqualityForAll #RIP #Why #SayHerName
22. Gladys Knight
Sandra Bland.... #SayHerName #SandraBland
23. Cara Delevigne
Things need to change NOW #SANDRABLAND #Justice #Equality
24. Meek Mill
"Rip to that young lady that lost her life about a traffic stop! 🙏 ima make sure I pray for her and her family! 🙏😄😄😄"